Monday, May 14, 2007

Ready to Roll



shottin' clay pigeons at Matt & Cherie's

Well I made it to 5th semester!! This semester we will get to actually touch an animal. We'll start off with rectal palpations on cows this coming Friday.....heeeeehaaaww! Just gimme some lube and I'm good to go, I've done this a few times. My two week break was all over the place, from NorCal to SoCal to Mexico and back! I had to take Chump to my mom's place in El Ranchito, Michoacan. Chump has been there before and he quickly picked up where he left off with his girlfriend "Leyvee". Before I left to MX I shadowed the vets at Pioneer Equine in Oakdale. It was great to see the vet profession in action, it always gets me excited!




Auntie Mek fixin' the hair and Nic

While in MX I got to see many cousins and their teenage sons and daughters I hadn't met. Given that my trip there was only 24 hrs I got to visit with my grandmas and grandpa, and many aunts, uncles and aunts. I even got to drop by my uncles bar "El Caminero" around midnight. It was a light night so I talked to him for a few minutes. I told him that Sharie and I would like five kids, so he leaned over and said:




Nic flyin' her first kite

"mijo", "I'm gonna give you the secret recipe". "If you wanna have a boy go at day 15 or 16". "If you go day 17 it's a girl, day 14 it's a girl".


My uncle has about 30 kids between 7 wives at the age of 66 so I suppose he has some credibility...we'll see.




Mami and Indee at Leeward Cove

Now on St. Kitts Sharie and the girls are enjoying the new place at Leeward Cove. We already have plans for family and friends to visit. So those of you who haven't booked a date better hurry up! This semester is a rainbow of colors as far as my professors are concerned:

Dr. Beths: French (super duper thick accent): Anesthesiology

Dr. Shockry: Egyptian (super thick accent): Toxicology, Pharmacology II

Dr. Sedon: Kiwi (kate = cat, taste = test) Clinical Pathology

Dr. Kelly: Australian (not too bad) Small Animal Medicine I

I'd have to say Small Animal Medicine is the most interesting to me so far. Toxicology just doesn't do it for me but I'll manage. Anesthesiology I haven't figured out if I like yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I can figure out what Dr. Beths is trying to say.

We'll it's time for a diaper change, a few notes and hit the sack!


Laters,

Sergio




since we live on St. Kitts our nicknames are "joker" and "giggles"



our mechanic: "happy"
our maintenance guy: "blaze"