Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wow

Yo Papa! Can you do something more productitive during your study breaks?


These last three weeks have proven to be metamorphical. I've been so busy that I've neglected posting anything for the last 4 weeks or so. I don't know if you've noticed a pattern but I normally like to post to the beat of every week around Mondays. Anyways, I'm feeling the rush of knowledge flowing, it's all starting to merge together. The first 4 semesters of vet school felt so irrelevent because of it's exclusivity. Now I'm finding that one class is overlapping with a current one and a previous semester class. And of course repitition has it's way of making one remember things that would otherwise just get a half-hearted yawn.

So we had our first hands on experience in Intro to Clinics. It was way cool getting to do things we've been reading about for what seems like eons. Inserting chest tubes, drawing bone marrow samples, pleurocentesis, starting jugular catheters, taking charge of CPR, anesthesia, and inevitably euthanasia. If one has the slightest respect for the sancitity of life the last part gets your spirits exhausted and your throat cramps up into a ball.

So far my favorites class is a tie between Small Animal Medicine, and Anesthesiology. In third it's Clinical Pathology, followed by Pharmacology, and coughing up dust is Toxicology. Ah, don't forget Intro to Clinics, well it's not really a class per se (pass/fail). Intro to Clinics is more of a way to get us acquanted with hands-on procedures in preparation for clinical rotations in the states.
The girls are growing so fast. Indee is nicknamed "Tortilla Gordita", and Nicole is still Chochita. Indee now cries when Nicole (big sister) cries....bonding I suppose. So far this semester I'm on a roll with my first round of exams (knock on wood), but I still have two more this week! It's amazing what a few words from the right person can make. When Dr. Stimmelmayer told me "Now is the time to start practicing being a good clinician" you didn't have to tell me twice! Alright, I better stop blabbing and get back to some of this Pharmacology for tommorows exam then it's a few hours of sleep!


Laters!