Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Numero Dos

I must be going over thorns or glass because I've gotten like two flats in one week! I thought I was going home until I saw my front tire. So I radioed "team support" and the director sportiff said I'd have to wait till' Nicole woke up. So I went back to the library and cracked open a few veterinary journals. Amongst my classmates I'm known for always going to the professor after class and asking questions, or reading professional journals from the library. I enjoy reading DVM magazine probably because it's the same size and is bound just like Velonews "the journal of competitive cyclists"....atleast it has the same feel as I turn the pages. I cracked open JAMA (journal of american medical association) and found out a few things:

Topic: Daily Activity Energy Expenditure and Mortality Among Older Adults

In a nutshell: increase energy expenditure during daily activities = decrease mortality

Topic: Women's Susceptibility to Tobacco Carcinogens and Survival After Diagnosis of Lung Cancer.

In a nutshell: women are more susceptible to tobacco carcinogens but yet have a lower rate of fatal outcome (good marketing for Philip Morris?).

Topic: Adult Weight change and Risk of Post-Menopausal Breast Cancer

In a nutshell: increase weight after menopause = increase risk of breast cancer (doesn't smoking curb appetite and therefore reduce weight? hmmmmmm.)

I do lots of journal reading inbetween study breaks, but believe me if there was a Velonews within a 30 mile radius I'd read it!
Moral of the Story/Research: If your a woman, run to the store and buya a pack of Marlboro's, nah just kiddin' it's NOT that black & white!

Oh, today I was elected "treasurer" of the AAEP (American Association of Equine Practitioners Student chapter here at Ross University!

Sharie doesn't feel comfortable driving our Nissan Sunny, and I don't blame her because it sure does make alot of weird noises! So now we must hunt for another "Ross" mobile. I'm personally tired of dealing with flats everyother day with the car. Up until a month ago I was using my floor pump to inflate the car tires every other day!
Classes performance is starting to come around now that I've figured how to study for Bacteriology and Parasitology with 3 weeks to go! I'm making up ground though and that's what counts. . . is it 7th semester yet?
See Niki even knew Floyd would win the Tour de France

Look at our "Number Dos"