Monday, September 04, 2006

Round 3



Back from the states. . . that was refreshing. We started with a trip to SoCal to visit my sis, Jaden and mom in Loma Linda. I also got to do the Tuesday night ride with the Redlands cycling group. It's amazing how the face of the group has changed. I remember riding in it about 6-7 years ago, I guess people come and go because I only recognized a handful of faces. I also got to do my two favorite rides with Jim Baden (Oak Glen, Angelus Oaks). The strange thing though was that I found myself able to easily pass Jim on the 50mph+ descents. So this made me wonder about my weight, because before I had to pedal furiously to keep up with the taller/heavier cyclists on downhills. Fastforward a week to my mother-in-laws digital scale which revealed a studious vet school weight gain of 7 pounds. . .no wonder!!

One proud "Mama Reyna"

We also got to visist with Uncle Dave and Auntie Carol in Bakersfield, my dad in Delano, and Dr. Ed LeTourneau in Madera. Once back up in NorCal we visited Marine World with the Palitang's.

We had to feed them on stilts! j/k


Weeeeeeeeeee


Nicole and Mika got to skid on Grammy's new floor!

Afterwards I visited with my ex-coworkers at Kindred Hospital, I miss them for sure. Sharie and I then spent a day in the Bay area. I somehow talked myself into racing a circuit race at UC Santa Cruz. Of course as I anticipated I was dropped at lap 2 of 15 and subsequently pulled out by the race official at lap 4, no regrets though, just fun. Afterwards Sharie and I spent the day in downtown Santa Cruz followed by a stay at the Old Monterey Inn.

Once back in the central valley I got to spend a day at Taylor Veterinary Clinic which is owned by Dr. Brooks. He was awesome to hang out with and I feel like I've found a home at his clinic. I was not only impressed by his facility but also by his staff and work ethic. He took the time to explain what was going on and even quizzed me a little on aging horses and a navicular series of radiographs.

Overall it was very refreshing to go home. I better get ready for lecture one this morning.

Round 3 classes: immunology, virology, physiology III, neuroanatomy, pathology I.

laters,

Sergio