Thursday, September 21, 2006

oodle doodle


JFK doodles


A few days ago I noticed a classmate doodling during pathology lecture. I was bored too so I looked on to see his doodling. His doodling was a series of rooflines and diamonds, however I didn't see any doodling going on during Reich's class! The other day in pathology we covered a paragraphs worth of "free radical" notes. So my analogy is as follows for my classes this semester:
pathology: person bored in library, wandering aimlessly.
neuroanatomy: worlds best car salesman has you in a trance and your about to buy a car!
immunology: trying to run a marathon, oh forgot on one leg.
virology: pick up a telephone book and memorize all the names and corresponding numbers.
physiology: trying to run a marathon with one leg, uphill while a dog is chasing you!
I'm gonna try and hit all these good and not underestimate any because I heard pathology snagged a few last semester. What probably happened is that folks focused so much on physio that they neglected poor ol' path.
During my breaks I get up in the library and browse around looking at books. It's not uncommen to come by my table and find many books that I shouldn't be reading (atleast not right now). So in path we spent fifteen minutes on a topic called "apoptosis", simply this is programmed cell death. So when a red blood cell has reached it's peak performance it tells other cells "hey kill me I've had enough". Well I say a book in the stacks titled "Apoptosis"! Go figure just when I thought I knew something I was knocked down. The more I study the more I realize I don't know jack shhhh...

So AVMA is finished with their initial site visit of the campus. I haven't heard yet from the top about how it went, so I imagine we'll be infored sometime soon.
On my way to school today I was bombing down a sugarcane road. A rut in the middle of the dirt road forced me to hug the edge, mowing down 5 foot tall grass with my arms. Out of nowhere a white blur hit my front wheel. I looked back and noticed a drunk looking cattle egret getting its bearings straight. It finally flew away, but I'm sure he's got some good story to tell the little ones back home.

Carribean looks glassy today. . . can you say Nautique?


be happy you don't get flats EVERY week!!