Monday, January 15, 2007

right about now

Last Fridays topic: GEM's "Genetically Engineered Mice"


I don't know what the deal is but today while reviewing some epidemiology I felt lonely. All I wanted was to be back in Oakdale with my little mocosa (Nicole) and my main squeeze Sharie. It doesn't help that I had a dream that I was tearing it up on the two-stroke on Groom's. I mean the jumps were like 10 times higher and the speed just insane. . . . then I woke up. Now I'm always thinking of my girls and that dog gone throttle...hmmmm. Look I even downloaded some awesome pics of some guys at Laguna Seca in harmonious formation down the "corkscrew". I've come down this in similar formation but instead we were all wearing spandex and going a fraction of the speed.....but just as close though.


I even downloaded this inspirational picture of some cool lookin' stranger hittin' a whoopti the right way!






And of course my little squinkledoodle taking her much need siesta with that baby that never closes its eyes to sleep.



This semester we are being taught Lab Animal Medicine by a heavy hitter research couple that teach at Penn State. Dr. Claire Hankenson is associate director of the lab animal department and also teaches residents and vet students. Her Husband Dr. Kurt Hankenson is a scientist/veterinarian doing cutting edge research in fracture healing, osteoarthritis, and osteoporosis. They are a cool couple with a little 2 year old boy and unfortunately are only here for the month long lab animal course. If back in the states I'd totally invite them over for some bruskie and tri-tip! We have some "who's who" professors here on The Rock, but this couple have the "one-two" punch in research period.

I'm hittin' the sack because I gotta get over this sore throat. Prayers for Sharie and little baby please. Little baby wants to come out at 34 weeks, but baby gotta take it down a thousand for a few more weeks atleast. Thanks for reading. Have a great week!

right about now I need this singletrack (sigh)

Sergio