Monday, January 08, 2007

trails, guns, and motopsychos


Boy that was refreshing! Started off with a visit to folks in SoCal. Mama Reyna once again enjoyed seeing us and Nicole. What is cool is that Nicole remembers all the places and people that we've visited.



What made the trip special was that for the first time we were able to spend some one-on-one time with Papa Juve in Delano. My stepmother and half-sisters were out of the country for the Holidays so my sis and I decided to crash Dads place.


Once back up in NorCal we had a dual family Uyeyama/Dobroff reunion at my father-in-laws place in oakdale. I don't know why but I agreed to be Santa for the kids, but it was worth it to see some of the kids excitement. Overall I think I talked to cousin Ron the most, lets just say we connected at the dirt level. It's amazing how many similarities exist between motocross and mountain biking.




Sharie and I went out on desperately needed and long overdue date: Aragon and mexican food. During the break I spent some time with Dennis and Matt. Dennis and I both like shopping and giving each other a hard time so the day was full of laughs. Matt let me shoot his clay pigeons with his shotgun. I also managed to try out the two stroke after an hour on the four stroke. That two stroke sure does command some respect and delicacy with the throttle. I'm definitely gettin' one of these bad boys once I'm settled.


Mountain biking was cold in SoCal and muddy in Norcal. Jen showed me Forest divide trail in Auburn.....sweet singletrack, a "beginners paradise". Jim, Billy and myself rode the Old Highway 38 trail in Angelus Oaks. I even got to ride in Hilda Crooks with el pelon y apestoso Ben. Good times I tell you......good times. Pete (father-in-law), Matt and I did a dry Mochi pounding run to make sure all was kosher for the Rancheria Annual Mochi pounding. Mochi came out a little stiff but I was nice to spend that kind of time with two great guys.



And of course the highlight was our snow trip up in Strawberry. I thought for sure the four granddaughters were going to be uncooperative and unsure of this thing called snow. To my surprise.. . .. .well a picture is worth a thousand words:







And the trail continues......


This semester: Pathology II, Epidemiology, Public Health, Lab Animal Medicine, Pharmacology I, and Avian medicine. Thanks for reading and Happy New Year!