Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ross-tah' Bound


We'll not to many of you know what has happened since we left the IE. I've ridden my bike for hours on end without a living soul in sight let alone another cyclist. I'll take that back if cows count though. I've also been doing tons of laps in the pool to try and hone down my swim leg for the Tri thang. Running has been the most neglected. I figure since I'm doing olympic distance 1.5k/40k/10k I can get away with running 0-3 miles per week.
On a lighter note I've done a complete 360 with my career goals and have gone from vet school to military to vet school. All in all it wasted about a year. But hey it's not a damn race so what the hell. So vet school it is. Ross University will give me a textbook beating starting January 9, 2006. It will be a different kind of suffering for me. I just hope I don't bonk around semester 9/10. They say the first semester is the most difficult. 2.4 years on the rock (St. Kitts) and 1 year stateside.
Apparently they give us a choice 1-3 of the school we are interested in doing our last year of clinicals. Ross has contracts with about 22/28 veterinarian programs in the US. I've been eyeing Colorado State University, Washington State University, or Texas A&M. Either way I have to do my time at the rock, so foist things foist, ehh.I'm also mentally commited to no longer competing in NORBA/USCF/USAT for 2.4 years. Jeez I'm already missin' it. However, I will be taking a beater mtn bike and trainer, running shoes, and goggles.
Oh, and did I mention I'll have full access to EPO and roids? J/K!!! Anyhow if you have ever ridden with me, are related, or I owe you money; you're more than welcome to come visit us on the rock....we have plenty of space.