Monday, February 13, 2006

Yah Yah Mon

Ok, now this isn't funny anymore. Tests are starting to come left and right. It's like a bad day at the beach, pounding surf. Just enough time to get a gasp of air before the next wave comes pounding down on you. It's all good though, I can only take it one day at a time. Today I decided to take the girls out to Timothy beach for a quick break before I hit the books again for my next exam on wednesday.

Here's a pic of Mr. X's Shiggidy shack a good place for mahi mahi. The beach here is calm (caribbean side) and frequently swim with a club on sundays. Today I swam with Kelly, she's a pure swimmer and often gives me tips

Here's a typical taxi. What's cool is they customize their van with logos. This one I'm not too sure about what it means TiBu?



One I see often on my rides is "cockfighter" or "Everybody Peppin" which I imagine means everybodys beppin/honking. That's the way folks communicate here. So on my bike rides when I here em' peppin I know that means "yah-yah" I see yu mon. Basically acknowledging that he notices I'm their.

We just had to go unwind after our anatomy lab exam so we jetted off to Godfather's. Here katie is givin' Wendi a sample of her pringle breath.


afterwards some played volleyball


This next weekend I will be doing the first of three races I'll be doing for the WHOLE year! This one is on Nevis (30 min ferry ride) and is a sprint triathlon. I was surprised to find out that they have a bicycle club on Nevis: http://www.neviscycleclub.com/.

I believe in June they will have the "Nevis King of the Road" race and I'm looking forward to my one and only road race! Just imagine we will be doing a 50 mile road race on an island with a 9 mile loop. Here on St. Kitts I do the loop in 1hr 45minutes. Hey but I'm not complaining anythings better than the trainer.

Well back to the books!

Oh, almost forgot I will be having a monthly trivia with prizes for you bloggerites!

Later,

Serg