Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lube & Tube

Ahhh.......the bike shop smell. There is only one such smell and it's the same no matter where on Earth one travels. For me it's reminiscent of good times in the IE (Inland Empire). Opening up the shop on the weekends for Jim, riding crazy miles everyday of the week, discovering new trails, breakin' bones, and hangin' out Cheer's style. Here on this tiny island called Nevis I found such a place. Lemond and Armstrong posters pinned to the walls, tubes, lube, and bone boxes. Anyhow here's the shop, nearby was the start of my first triathlon for the year.

Here's the start of the swim


Across the channel you can see St. Kitts. There were about 25 participants and I placed 4th. Next month we should have a bigger showing (about 300) because of a bigger cash prize purse ($3000). I won't deny it I'd like to place "in the money" , and of course it doesn't help that I'm competitive to begin with. Point being I would do this for fun, but it's nice to have a few Benjamin's at the end of the day.

So far we are in week 7 of 15 for the semester. I will be posting pictures of my professors as they are truly unique. I have surnames for each of them, there's Dr. Ross (been here since day one), Dr. Right (alway say "Right, Right" at end of each idea in British accent), or Dr. Homeostasis (he must have said that word a million times so far), and then Dr. right witha lower case (averages 7 "rights" per minute) in her German accent. Here's a compilation of the phoenetics of the words they are really trying to pronounce:

smooze massl = smooth muscle

razor = erasure

zis = this

vhich = which

zo pleze bring yo razor jus in kes yu need it for z tes. So does he mean we might wan't to slit our wrist once we see the test??? My favorite professor so far is Dr. Berg, he's like the grandfather I never had. We'll I better get back to z books.

Buenas noches.