Saturday, February 04, 2006

Big 3-0

Yesterday we celebrated Sharie's 30th birthday. We had dinner with a bunch of friends at Bobsy's. The way it works here is that if you want to eat dinner at 7 pm you need to be sitting down and ordering by 5:30pm. Wendy from down the street made Sharie a lemon sort of cake. Afterwards I took Sharie out on the dance floor for some dancin'. This is probably the only vet school where you will most likely run into professors (sometimes tipsy) at a restaurant and be out on the dance floor. Then on monday he will single you out drill you with histo questions and tell everyone how silly you looked dancin'. Here we are dancin' amongst some professors at Bobsy's.

So far my exams have been going good. I feel like competitive at times with my classmates and grades. However, I have to remind myself that grades alone do not make for a great veterinarian. The professors are truly characters here at Ross. We get all sorts and I truly enjoy each of their quirks.

Nicole has been happy with the chicken here; luckily they have alot of it. I often wonder what happens to the white chicken meat though because I've never come across any.


Here Sharie is on her way to learning the British way of doing things on the road. She did pretty good, but everyone falls for the wiper blade instead of the turn signal before turning.


Afterwards we relaxed at the "Stair way by the Sea" at Ross University campus. Sometimes I'll have lunch here: