Thursday, May 11, 2006

Draggin' Ass

Orientation is over now and the first week of school well under way. I was definitely worked to the bone being an orientation leader and will do it again if I get the chance. It was rewarding to see my "kids" leave the nest reassured that I taught them all they needed to know to survive. One day the school took out the new class on a catamaran trip to the nearby island Nevis.


we had to return for some students. . . including the Dean!

two of my kids here, mario and beth

So far the classes this semester aren't too bad because we have a better idea of what to expect in anatomy and physiology. The class I need to stay on top of is parasitology as this is all new to me. Bacteriology is pretty much like microbiology so nothing big so far.

draggin' ass

We haven't named this ass but I'm sure we'll come up with something soon. Unfortunately someone already took seabiscuit, oh well. This week we will be focusing on the intestines followed most likely by the thorax. From what I understand we will also be dissecting a sheep, pig, and a chicken! Speaking of animals Chump is now eligible to go running with me. . . yahooooo!