Monday, May 29, 2006

Superstar

Only in St. Kitts

I guess I'm a superstar now. In the name of accreditation Ross U has undergone a serious face-lift. From plasma screens, newly paved roads, to shooting a film for the AVMA visit in September it's buzzing here on campus. So the campus now looks like the most boring hollywood scene ever. . . I was asked "Can you act like your checking out a book at the counter?" "Sure" (I know I have the Brad Pitt thing goin' on but you don't have to tell me) were do I sign for my multi-million dollar contract? Actually it just took but five minutes to stand in as a background. When will I get to be the "foreground". I had the opportunity to be in a Nike commercial for the Asian market a few years back as background, and what sucks is that Lance never even showed up. We used a cat I guy who looked like the Hulk instead. . . but hey my day will come.
When Ross does get accreditation classes will go from 65 to 100 easily. AVMA is the governing body for the Veterinary profession and they will have the last word. But the fact is that we will be short about 900 veterinarians per year and need to either build 9 more vet schools in the states or extend accreditation to offshore schools. Plus all Rossies go back to the states to practice so accreditation just means one less hurdle for us to jump.

Thanks for the pool Tia Diana. . . I even got sick drinking the water!