Monday, May 01, 2006

Welcome


Orientation week is well under way by now. I'm tending to 9 of the 65 students that arrived for the next semester. It's alot of fun to be a orientation leader as I get to share some good stories and impart some advice. In the process I get to drive around the island and discover some new places. I basically act as a tour guide by picking them up at the airport, showing them their new place, take em' grocery shopping, take them around town to get car related paperwork in order and make sure they're on time to school organized functions. Here I'm on my way to pick up a batch of students.

I got the Benz

I'm rested now and ready for the next semester. This time I'm gonna do things a little differently so I don't have to do 12 hr study marathons 2 weeks before finals! I feel completely aclimated now and can say that I'm now enjoying living here. At first it was nerve wracking, but now we've settled into our environment.

Hazards of driving on The Rock

I need to get back on the trainer because I haven't been doing a thing for the last two months! I don't think I'm gaining weight but I know for sure that the 1.5 mile commute to school is getting harder. But like Sharie put it, I can't exercise I only know how to train and if I don't have a race to go to there's no reason to train. It's funny but out here the sun saps your energy and I just don't feel like doing much at all. I'll give it a shot however this next week.

Turtle Beach Rainbow