Sunday, October 22, 2006

New Trails


Mr. Potato glasses

I've been slacking the last week. Actually it wasn't conducive to gettin' any solid study time in, group meetings, necropsy, and Sharie's Choir practice. Somehow now I've been recruited to haul the 100+ lb electric keyboard plus case (case is 90lb and I'm sure bombproof) to school on Sundays for the student worship meetings. No biggie, I'm all for helping make the good things happen, Lord knows I'm having my own issues as to why I don't feel like attending church service. I know however that I frequently think of him and appreciate whatever it is that he instilled in me that makes me remember him so often.
Is this where I should feed baby mama?

Today I put in a good solid 8 hours of studying in and decided to go trail exploring on the cross bike. I went down the usual sugarcane road to school. On the way I stopped and asked the goat herder a few questions about the trail system. I see him everyday on his beater bike, and he even rings the bell as I zoom past. The trail was reminiscent of Blue Mountain climb, wide fireroad, steep, and snakes itself up. Almost exactly as a matter of fact, a steep pitch at each turn, followed by a slight tapering of pitch. I didn't make it to the top as daylight was running out. Surprisingly I felt good, I say that because on Saturday I decided to go support Kelly Rock's first organized "Ross Swim Challenge". I haven't been swimming at all, but figured I can handle doing the 250 and 750 yard races. About 15 people showed up, and the water was murky due to the recent heavy rain fall. One guy visiting the island from Boston downright smoked us all.
Somehow I got a sand-dollar/medal
My classmate Chris Spencer broke his jaw last weekend while playing football and is now in the states recovering. My other classmate Chris Bory flew out today to welcome his first born in San Dimas, CA! Sharie in the meantime is getting bigger and bigger! We're alot better (not at each others throats) now that she is keeping busy teaching the music program at school, going to Wednesday evening bible study, and helping with Sunday worship.

small group, most of us winners!

Alright, I better get back to virology and a little pathology because this next week will be busy. . . dog walking duty! Have a great week folks!