Thursday, March 30, 2006

tick n tin

Being here has it's advantages. For one I get to ride by cross bike to school. I even get to dismount once over a drain ditch to keep my cross skills sharp. The dirt road is lined with sugarcane fields of which is becoming extinct. The only thing I have to watch out for is the naked guy running around in the cane field. Other than that I just need to stay clear of the cow pies left behind and the occasional cow grazing. Here's my commute to school.

road to education

the occasional bull I have to negotiate around

The good thing is that I'm able to understand what kittitians are actually saying to me.

Sergio: Am I safe going down this fire road here?

local: Buz boos ka bool, nek mon, doeng ting, tick rite, ya understand mon?

Sergio: uhhhh, yeah mon, sure.

Now I can say with a great degree of confidence that I actually understand atleast half of what they are saying. . . . the ear has acclimitated. Here's an example of ting (thing).

It's we own ting

what happens when you have one too many Tings


sometimes it's just better to blend in

I'm just glad the fireworks are over for now. Exams were tough and I've had to take three weeks off of doing any form of exercising. Finals are around the corner and first semester will be but a memory. They weren't kidding when they said we would learn more in first semester than in all of undergrad combined. This weekend I will go for a ride, it's been well deserved, then maybe a Stag.