Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Feelin' the Burn




Brimstone Hill

This week has drained me physically and emotionally. It has been finals weeks and it's sink or swim. At this point you either know it or you don't, no overtime allowed. I usually study at home, clear the kitchen table put on the headset and get to crackin'. Lately it has been getting very hot, the wind has disappeared and the sea looks like a lake. . . . creepy calm. The fan is starting to make a rattlin noise due to the 24/7 operation. Today was the first day we were brave enough to turn on the A/C given the horror stories we've heard of electric bills. Grammy is going back home tomorrow and I feel bad for Nicole, she's use to seeing Grammy around everyday. We took Grammy on a tour around the island.

Grammy and Niki @ Ottley's Plantation

Tomorrow Nutrition final then Anatomy on Thursday and first semester be done mon! As a reward I decided to treat myself to being an orientation leader. Actually this is alot of work but I was inspired by MC (our orientation leader). He made our transition from US life to St. Kitts life very very smooth. He reminds me of the mellow version of Chris Hansel, now let me go pull a pic of MC.


MC. . . I don't think that little guy meets the size limit

I was inspired by MC so much that now I volunteered to do what he did for us when we were nervous about the madness of moving over here. . . it made the difference and I have some big shoes to fill. He even hooked me up with notes, old tests, graphs, you name it. . . he rocks!! Actually I'm going to try to squeeze in some rides around the sugarcane roads. I went on a run recently and it was awesome to go from an arid, hot landscape with low lying fauna to the lush, misty, cool forest in a matter of minutes. . . I just wish I had one of those fancy GPS gadgets. I've seen some TOPO maps downloaded from mtn bike rides, they are awesome.

What Sergio will be doing over break (MC behind the wheel)