Tuesday, February 06, 2007

99%


St. Kitts

this is where i do my grocery shopping... no plasma screens here though!

Lab Animal Medicine is all finished! The course is offered in one month (crash course) so now we get out by 11am!!! This means maybe I can squeeze in a run or some surf time. I did my presentation on ECMO and it went really smooth. As usual I felt in control and confident at the front. I owe it all to my mother who as kids pretty much forced us to go do song service every sabbath morning for church service!! What gave my presentation some extra flare was Dr. Rojas input. Dr. Rojas is a human cardiac surgeon and he gave me some cutting edge, latest in technology, not approved by the FDA information. It was cool to talk to him because with my Respiratory Therapy background we were speaking the same language. On the other hand Dr. Bartlett also from Michigan State didn't pull through at all. This guy is the father of ECMO and is retired now but I imagine involved in some capacity. His email: "All the information you need is available from ELSO. Check thepublications on the internet". Well said Dr. Bartlett, oh and thanks very inspirational! Anyway it's the 99% like that ruin it for the 1% like Dr. Rojas. One of the many reasons I decided human medical school was definitely not for me. Why so I can develop "God's greatest gift to mankind" complex? uhh uhh.


I swear I saw these while surfing....Is that a cowphin??
Path results are back now. It looked very grim for the whole class, I usually score right on the average and my grade was 70%! On one hand I feel so bad for Dr. Miller, the class was not having any of this and they were very vocal. Dr. Miller I'm sure wanted to go home and cry because he sure looked like it.....very disrespectful on many of my classmates parts. As a class we've never behaved like this it was embarassing. On the other hand I want to learn pathology and it seems like Dr. Millers questions leave LOTS of room for interpretation and thats not good. This was only 25% of the grade, three more to go before the quarter is over so lets try harder next time around. I'm just glad he breaks it down to four test instead of having one big midterm and a final that would be really BAD!

Today I went surfing to "concretes" with Jon, Art, and Shauna. Waves were about chest high and it was a corral reef break...so very consistent. I caugt a few good waves on Jon's 7' 2" board but forgot my rash guard....OUCH, can you say chest wax job?


concrete's (because concrete company nearby)

Paul (5th semester) is my co-officer for AAEP (American Assoc. of Equine Practioners) student chapter. This last saturday he gave a demo on hoof trimming, I learned alot. Four point trims, 60/40 ratio for weight distribution, and many more.
Alright, I better get back to studying avian medicine because tomorrow we have exam #1. For the sake of Dr. McNeal lets just hope she's fair, otherwise protective gear might become standard issue I'm afraid.