Sunday, February 11, 2007

broken, busted, bitten, and beaten

I guess I'm a proud owner of a 7'2" Isle surf board

Boy the B's sure did give me a beatin' today. I went out to coconut cliffs with the usual surf crowd (Art, Jon, Shauna, and Eric). Yesterday we barbecued on the beach, I took some USDA Costco certified beef cuts with my homemade teriyaki sauce....yummmy! However, back to today, I caught some nice fast, steep, waves (one foot overhead). After an 1 1\2 I said "laters" to the surf gang and paddled out. You have to understand getting to "coconut cliffs" takes about 15 minutes of careful, tactful walking across lava rocks, algae rocks, sand, scrambling up volkswagen size rocks, etc. So I'm on my way back to the car and BAAMMMM I slipped!! I put a big gash in my shin and a horrific dent in Jon's board. The feeling of frustration mixed with pain is unexplainable. Anyhow I'm going to talk to Jon tomorrow about how I just purchased his board for the price he was previously asking. Except now I have a jacked up shin and a defective board in desperate need of repairs of which I have no idea how to do.

ouch!



Before I loaded up the board this morning I got bitten by about 10 ants. I thought I was a fast learner until I unloaded the board (with gashed knee and defeated spirits) and got bitten AGAIN by probably the same ants!!!

On to todays soccer game:

Brian: boy Serg we're going to womp on this nerd team for sure!
Sergio: Brian don't get too confident now (speaking from experience)

later of course we suffered a humiliating defeat. We must of shot at their goal ten times more than they did to our goal. The only difference being that none of our shots were going in!!!


If you want a good burger round' here you gotta do it yourself!


Anyhow, when I got home I was cutting up vege's for dinner and poked myself with the sharp cutco knife!!! All in all not a good day at all, but I must put everything into perspective with my vet school motto: "It can ALWAYS be worse"

Hey good news: I got a B+ in avian medicine! Epidemiology is coming up on Friday so I started hitting the notes.

Three more weeks and I get to see my girls!!

Let's hope I have a better day tomorrow......one day at a time.

Goodnight