Monday, February 26, 2007

My C Student


On my way out of todays pathology II exam I overheard Dr. Kainer talking to Dr. Miller about an old student of his. As he was holding up a research journal he said "this guy used to be one of my students", "he was a "C" student". I thought hey there's hope because guess what I'm a C student too!!


We took our first pharmacology exam last Friday and word on the street is that 1/3 of the class failed!! I even heard that the dean and our professor along with the academic assistant dean had a meeting on Friday, hmmm? Anyways I ended up with a 73% and I usually fall around the average give or take a percent or two. Regardless, I felt like superman coming out of that test and felt in complete control of calculating volume distributions, ionizations, dosages, plasma concentrations, and excretions. I should add that when I handed in my test there were still about 50 of the 120 students! Dr. Shokry called "time" and 40 students were still working on calculations, 20 were asked directly by the professor to "hand in the test NOW" or else. I was even told by many classmates that they were forced to straight out guess for the last 5 to 7 questions because time ran out!!!!
conclusion: too many calculations, too little time.


On to pathology exam 2 today and the frustration level is starting to get to broil. I made a few mistakes, but my quarrel is with the format. But before I start complaining I'd like to give credit to semester 3 professor Dr. Gyimah. He tested objectively, from page 1 through 99. Dr. Miller does the exact opposite: he weighs the majority of the test on some obscure disease process that wasn't even emphasized; buried somewhere below all the highlighted information. Oh well it's over for now, lets just hope I can turn this C thing around....or maybe I should just settle and someday be a "big shot" researcher that way Dr. Miller can say "hey this used to be my C student"!


California don't blink because here I come for four days: March 1st - 4th!


Oh, and Chump killed a poor ol' neighborhood chicken....shame on him!!